Welcome to the Dane County Child Support Agency Home Page
The Dane County Child Support Agency is responsible for working with families to establish and enforce
support orders for children. Our agency is comprised of 45 dedicated individuals who handle over
24,000 open cases. Dane County Child Support Agency is one of 72 county and 11 tribal child support
agencies in Wisconsin. These agencies work in conjunction with the State of Wisconsin Bureau of
Child Support which is a division of the Department of Workforce Development.
Simplified Application Form
If you have an existing Dane County Court Case, you may apply for our services free by filling out
this simplified application
and returning it to us. If possible attach a copy of your most recent court order.
New Customer Service Call Center
Due to budget reductions and staff shortages, and in order that we may continue to accomplish all the tasks needed on our 24,000 cases, we have implemented a Call Center in 2013.
Participant calls will be answered by Customer Service Reps, rather than being transferred to their assigned investigator. As calls are answered, expect longer hold times. If you choose not to hold, please either write to us, or review our website for further information.
We Will No Longer Check Payments
Due to budget cuts and staff shortages, we are no longer providing payment information over the phone. Please use one of the following payment resources available to you:
- Child Support Secured Website (CSOS) - (current year & last year).
- IVR at the Trust Fund – 1-800-991-5530- (last two payments)
- NEW EPPIC Debit Mast Card - Toll free # 1-877-253-3686. No website at this time. EPPIC has a text message alert feature. To set up call their toll free number.
- JP Morgan Chase Debit card users - Toll free 1-866-817-0761, or use JPM online services – www.myaccount.chase.com. You can also sign up for text messages with each transaction online at the JPM website above.
- Direct deposit users can contact your local bank for savings and checking activities.
- Payment histories greater than 2 years old, contact us at (608) 266-4031.
Recently Lost Your Job
Are a child support payer and have lost your job? If so, here is what you need to know.
New Debit Card
EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 7, 2013, the State of Wisconsin will be issuing NEW Debit Master Cards to current debit card users and NEW recipients of child support, family support and maintenance. The NEW card is issued by Comerica Bank and managed by EPPIC.
Starting with the first payment disbursed on and after February 7, 2013, A NEW EPPIC Debit Master card will be mailed within 7-10 days. This will cause a delay in access to the funds. Current JP Morgan-Chase Visa card users must use up the money on their OLD card.
This change does NOT affect those who have signed up for direct deposit into your savings and checking accounts.
For important information about the NEW EPPIC Child Support Debit Master Card, select the following link to read more about it: http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/bcs/faqs/card_faq-newdc.htm
We may be reached by phone at 608-266-4031. Please have your PIN number, IVD number, or social security number ready as we will need one of these numbers to verify your identity.
Our phone hours are Monday through Friday, 7:45a.m. to 11:20a.m. and 12:30p.m. to 4:20p.m. Case Participants will be connected to a Customer Service Rep, who will answer the questions or take a message and forward it to the assigned worker. The calls are answered in the order in which they are received therefore, you may experience longer hold times while we assist other participants. Workers have 5 - business days to return a call, and calls will be returned only if additional information is needed to take the requested action. It is best to call back for an update in 5-10 days after your initial phone call.
Business calls (other states, employers, banks, auto dealers, title agents, state agencies, etc.), will be passed through to the assigned worker for assistance.
Location / Mailing Address
The Dane County Child Support Agency is a division of the Dane County Corporation Counsel's Office.
Our agency is located at:
Room 365, City-County Bldg.
210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Madison, WI 53703
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:45a.m. to 4:30p.m.
Office Closures 2013
- Tuesday, January 2 – New Years Day (observed)
- Monday, January 21 – Martin Luther King JR Day
- Friday, May 24 - Furlough Day - County Offices Closed
- Monday, May 27 – Memorial Day
- Thursday, July 4 – Fourth of July
- Friday, July 5 - Furlough Day - County Offices Closed
- Friday, August 30 - Furlough Day - County Offices Closed
- Monday, September 2 – Labor Day
- Thursday, November 28 – Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 29 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- Tuesday, December 24 – Christmas Holiday
- Wednesday, December 25 – Christmas Day
- Tuesday, December 31 – New Years Eve Day